AF Switchgear is one of the UK’s largest switchgear manufacturers and set the standard for LV Switchgear and Power Distribution.
Established in 1974, our expertise in switchgear and control systems remains at the forefront.
We have four manufacturing facilities on two sites in Nottinghamshire adjacent to Junction 28 of the M1 giving us transport links across the country.
Our modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities cover over two hectares.
We manage every process in house from concept design with end clients and consultants through to commissioning and service.
Following expansion of our products and services AF Switchgear are currently looking to recruit a number of Electrical Technicians and Trainee Technicians with our works and site teams.
Training / mentoring will be provided to ensure the skills necessary for testing and inspection are attained, together with a good understanding of current testing standard requirements, software applications and fault finding.
The role will require some periods away on site. Having completed their training the successful candidate would be expected to:
- Carry out commissioning, SAT and IST as required
- Undertake on site client training
- Visit sites to carry out switchgear surveys
- Available to be on a call out rota with other members of the team to attend site as part of the company’s emergency call out agreements
- Undertake switchgear thermographic surveys as required
- Provide technical support both on site and in the works
- Experience and knowledge of Switchgear and Control panel assembly would be beneficial
- Apprentice or time-served in an electrical discipline, such as installations or panel wiring or an electrical qualification
- Familiar with mechanical assembly of devices and copper busbar systems ∙ Knowledge of panel assembly / fabrication techniques
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools and mechanical equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prepared to spend, potentially, long periods of time away from home ∙ Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to overtime
- Hold a full driving licence
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Basic 37.5 hour week
- Overtime as required to fulfil the role
- Apprentice trained and time served in an electrical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years electrical experience