AF Switchgear are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to take 100% ownership of
Electrical CAD, providing services to Engineering by ensuring efficient and effective
implementation and deployment of the Electrical CAD package as well as all previous drawings on AutoCAD, and delivering opportunities for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent attention to detail skills and be experienced in Electrical CAD operating, in order to effectively manage the Electrical CAD aspect of contracts on behalf of the Engineering Team and ensure that there is a seamless harmony between design and drawing content. A good knowledge of electrical schematics and the ability to manage contract deadlines are key to this role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to:
• Manage, control and ‘own’ the CAD aspect of given contracts.
• Produce and maintain standard master drawings both SSE Electrical CAD and
• Work efficiently to manage the CAD aspect of projects for all the Engineering
• Give technical support to the Applications Engineers and clients where applicable.
• Work on behalf of the Engineer to efficiently produce all schematics on time.
• Ensure all General Arrangements (GA) are to the standard CAD library and the
ongoing development of the GA standards inclusive of development of dynamic blocks.
• Liaise with sales, fabrication and copper cell departments for development of standard
CAD GA drawings.
• Prepare and communicate weekly work schedules for effective workload management.
• Report to Senior Management team regarding workload.
• Reviewing technical documentation of contract systems to understand their functions.
• Prepare CAD drawings with efficient use of hardware to keep costs to a minimum.
• Support collaborative cross-team communication.
• Develop a library of documentation for standardisation of documentation.
• Recommend viable solutions to reduce costs as well as improve processes and
• Develop the new software and implementation of all the additional applications to assist other departments when required.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org