Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Commissioning Engineer to manage the onsite testing element and commissioning aspect of the contract from specification through to IST. The Commissioning Engineer’s responsibilities include a guarantee that the contract aligns to the set of technical specifications, ensuring that there is a seamless harmony between design intent and the operation efficiency, mitigating risks, writing out deviations and capturing variations. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable of Switchgear installations and various testing stages. They will also be able to manage agreed contract deadlines, and demonstrate excellent time management, organsational and problem-solving skills, to ensuring the smooth running of operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, control and ‘own’ the Commissioning aspect of given contracts ensuring compliance with agreed build specification and Company design criteria.
- Give technical support to the Applications Engineer and clients where applicable.
- Review the technical documentation of contract systems to understand their functions.
- Prepare and communicate weekly work schedules for effective management to sub-contract partners and senior management team.
- Communicate variations and deviations to take account of contract amendments, contract delays or failures and liaise revisions in an appropriate manner ensuring these are on time and in line with required contract dates.
- Prepare detailed documentation for the various Testing stages.
- Writing project commissioning plans that detail the project’s scope, task schedules and key documents
- Support collaborative cross-team communication.
- Develop a library of standardised documentation.
- Mainly based within the Engineering Department at our site in Sutton-in-Ashfield, visits to different remote client sites to oversee the testing of equipment may be necessary/required
- Review test results and prepare test reports to confirm compliance with technical specifications
- Work with engineering and operating groups to schedule tests
- Use the technical labour efficiently from the planning stage to execution on site.
- Recommend viable solutions to reduce costs as well as improve processes and product quality.
If you have proven experience working as a Commissioning Engineer/Manager, are proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, have sound knowledge of Switchgear installations, excellent organisational, time management and communication skills and a valid driving licence please apply by downloading the application form below.
How to Apply
- Download and fill in the Application Form
2. Email your Application Form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org