Purpose of the Position:
To work in conjunction with West Notts College to attain a qualification in Electrical Panel Building.
A 4-year apprenticeship leading to Engineering Fitter Level 3 –Electrical Pathway, including: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering BTEC Diploma in advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn how to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
• Be trained on how to assemble a range of control panels.
• Learn how to inspect and test components.
• Learn how to maintain control panels, machines and equipment.
• Learn about the wiring of panels and how to diagnose and rectify faults.
• Gain a good understanding of the sector and the products and services supplied by AF Switchgear.
• Attend college and produce work of a high standard.
Team Leaders / Operations Manager
Hours of Work:
08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday
Essential Qualifications / Experience :
Time management skills
Attention to detail
Smart professional appearance
Self motivated and reliable
Confident with meeting / speaking to new people and
conversing with ease
Genuine interest in the sector
Minimum GCSE Level 4 (Grade C) in Maths / English
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact West Notts College Apprenticeships Freephone 0800 121 8317