AF Switchgear is one of the UK’s largest switchgear manufacturers and set the standard for LV Switchgear and Power Distribution. Established in 1974, our expertise in switchgear and control systems remains at the forefront. We have four manufacturing facilities on two sites in Nottinghamshire adjacent to Junction 28 of the M1 giving us transport links across the country. Our modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities cover over two hectares. We manage every process in house from concept design with end clients and consultants through to commissioning and service.
Following expansion of our products and services AF Switchgear are currently looking to recruit Approved Electrical Fitters – Site Services Department. Reporting to the Engineering Manager / Site Services Manager / Engineer when carrying out site work related tasks, and to the Operations Manager when carrying out duties in manufacturing.
As far as is reasonable and practicable, and where required, you will be available to work outside of basic hours and be available to lodge away from home overnight. You will be required to be flexible to early start and early finish / late start and late finish, or working weekends for time off in the week. You will be required to be available to work weekends as part of a normal working week with the options of time off in lieu during the following week, or paid overtime.
The role will require:
- Installation, service and maintenance of all aspects of switchgear and control panels on site
- Provide close customer liaison during the completion of works, working to specifications and company quality standards as delegated by Site Service Engineer (SSE)
- Carrying out switchboard modifications and maintenance generally as part of a team and occasionally on your own
- Assisting the team to correctly interpret drawings
- Issue after service reports to SSE/Client where required
- Occasional working within our production facility
A full clean driving licence is required for this role.
37.5 hours per week, 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Sunday, plus overtime as per JIB guidelines.
This is anticipated to be worked as an average of 5 days in a 7 day period. Overtime paid on a daily basis in accordance with the agreements currently in force.