AF Switchgear are one of the UK’s largest switchgear manufacturers and set the standard for LV Switchgear and Power Distribution.
We have four manufacturing facilities on two sites in Nottinghamshire adjacent to Junction 28 of the M1 giving us transport links all across the country.
Our modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities cover over two hectares. Chartered Engineers and dedicated Project Managers to manage every aspect of any contract.
We manage every process in house from concept design with end clients and consultants through to commissioning and service.
years of service
We employ over 250 employees, with over 40 years experience within the Switchgear industry, with more than £30 million turnover per annum. We specialise in offering fast-track manufacturing of all projects & we have the capacity & capability to meet your demands with a proven track record. We have a full maintenance team and also we offer 24/7/365 call out for emergency situations.
We can manufacture and install switchgear tailored to your requirements. Our bespoke switchboards can be designed to fit any application and are all manufactured to BS EN 61439-1. Our switchboards are fully ASTA certified upto 6300A 100kA RMS Sym for 1 Sec, for ABB, Schneider, Socomec & Terasaki devices. We are a Schneider Systems Integrator and can offer full EMS Metering Packages.
At AF Switchgear, all enquiries are logged with our central Estimating department.The enquiry is put into a system that enables the right people to quote your project depending what the enquiry is.
At this point, someone from the relevant department will:
- Contact the customer for more information if required
- Look to arrange a site survey if required
- Provide a quote (plus a General Arrangement drawing if required)
- If pricing and terms are agreeable, we can provide a Technical Submittal if required
- Once the order is placed, the job will be passed to Engineering for validating
- The customer will be assigned a Lead Engineer for your project and will be the main point of contact to finalise details
- Engineering drawings are submitted to the customer for approval
- Once the drawings are approved (a signature is ALWAYS required) the order will be put into the production schedule and a lead time provided
- IMPORTANT – until the engineering drawings are approved by the customer – materials are not ordered and production does not start
- If a Factory Witness Test (FAT) is required this will be arranged in advance
- Following delivery and installation, we will commission and certify the system to validate the warranty