At AF Switchgear, meeting our customers’ expectations is a key priority. As concern over COVID-19 (Coronavirus) grows, we want to assure you we are monitoring developments, as well as following health and government regulations whilst continually assessing and responding to changes.
At this time we are still operational and open for business as we are tasked with supporting our customers and end users, concentrating our efforts on critical equipment needed for Government, NHS, Data and Telecoms projects.
Our ever-changing Business Continuity Plan includes:
- Prioritising the safety of our customers and employees
- Regularly communicating with our employees on safety and hygiene.
- Coordinating with our customers before any essential site visits to ensure safety measures are in place for everyone.
- For essential manufacturing we have adopted a 3 shift system, open 24 hours to ensure we can comply with social distancing guidelines in place.
- Our office staff are working from home where possible and the remainder are working split shifts between 6am and 10pm
- We are in regular dialogue with our supply chain and partners who are also working hard to minimise delays and disruption and where necessary actively exploring alternative sources of supply where needed.
- Any team members working remotely use company issued secure computers complete with end-point protection and connection to our network using a secure VPN
AF Switchgear group operations meet the criteria of an essential critical infrastructure supplier as defined by the government. While we do not anticipate major interruptions to our operations, we are experiencing some material delays and staff absences for obvious reasons.
Should the government dictate further temporary containment measures or mandatory closures we will of course comply.
We will continue to seek support from the government and/or local authorities to maintain critical business operations as an essential business for our customers.
While it is difficult to predict the impact of the COVID-19 situation, please rest assured that we have the people, technology, and tools to continue to serve you during these unique, challenging times.