Rail Industry Approvals
A leading force in the provision of switchgear and containerised power supplies for the Rail Industry, we are approved certified suppliers to Network Rail, Crossrail and LUL for containerised switchgear, LV switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and sub-distribution boards.
Our switchgear has met the rigorous specification requirements dictated by the rail industry and the process required to gain approval
Experience gained over many years designing and building this type of equipment has led to pioneering advances and improvements that satisfy specific customer requirements and demands.
Rail and London Underground Approved Equipment
Network Rail, Crossrail and LUL Certified equipment:
- Suitable for use on 650V and 400V systems.
- Switchboards certified up to 6300A rating.
- Switchboard construction approved Form 4 type 5.
- Switchboard Ingress Protection tested to IP54.
- Switchboards type tested to 100Ka RMS sym for 1 sec.
- Switchboards approved with ABB and Schneider devices.
- Switchboards devices either ACB, MCCB or fuseswitch.
- Switchboard metering by either Socomec (Digiware) or Schneider (PM range).
- ATS rated up to 630A in 3P and 4P options featuring Socomec ATys changeover switches.
- ATS Ingress Protection tested to IP54.
- ATS type tested to 50Ka RMS sym for 1 sec.
- Sub-distribution approved with Crabtree and Schneider components.
- Sub-distribution rated upto 250A - 24way TP&N.
- Sub-distribution Ingress Protection tested to IP54.
Rail Containerised Solutions Features and Options
The containerised solutions we manufacture for rail applications have a number of variations available – all based around entire plant rooms containing combinations of MV substations, LV switchgear, standby generators and UPS. Built and tested off site, with their own low maintenance, weatherproof housing the features include:
- Custom built containers to ISO dimensions or individual requirements.
- Enclosures in sheet steel or GRP construction.
- Steel bases or open base options.
- Equipped with all electrical services including lighting, power, intruder and fire alarms.
- Internal fire suppression systems.
- Suitable for use on 650V or 400V systems.
- Incorporating MV and LV systems.
- Multiple supply options; - REC Mains, Traction Mains, Internal Generator, External Mobile Generator and UPS.
- Diesel Engine Generator in acoustically lined, one-hour fire-rated room.
- UPS can be incorporated with separate battery doors.
- Air conditioning or natural ventilation.
- N+1 redundant UPS system Air conditioning with n+1 redundancy.
- Air compressors contained within segregated compartments.
We are approved to the Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS) for the supply and manufacture of the following equipment:
Product Code & Product Name
14.90.02 SMP Switchgear.
15.01.01 SMP, DES, CBD, TCD, REF LV Switchgear.
15.02.01 SMP, DES, CBD, TCD, REF Substation Switchgear (Including Control & Protection).